Organist Search at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, Perth Amboy NJ
Historic St. Peter's Episcopal Church of Perth Amboy, NJ seeks an organist. This is a part-time (1/8 time) position and will be as organist for the 10:00 am Sunday service, major feast days, and special music functions throughout the year.
• Skills in leading worship through organ playing, for both choral and congregational singing, along with instrumental solo pieces.
• Openness to a wide variety of musical styles from the Renaissance to modern day, including many major choral works.
• Good organizational and communication skills.
• Clear concept of being an integral part of the ministerial team.
• Ability to play and conduct simultaneously.
• Willingness to work with the many cultures we serve including African American Spirituals and Latin American music
• Perform the music for the service on Sunday morning including hymns, anthems, and voluntaries.
• Rehearse with the Choirmaster and choir following the 10:00 am service (There is no regular weekday rehearsal.)
• In cooperation with the Rector and Choirmaster, plan and implement the music for the traditional worship service as well as special services and or music events, e.g. Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, weddings and funerals.
• Help to suggest and organize special music during summer months when choirs are not in session.
• Salary: 15 - 18k
• Possible toll reimbursement
• One Month Vacation (four Sundays)
• Organist with equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in performance or sacred music or working towards.
• Skills in instrumental and choral conducting, in voice development, and in worship planning in coordination with the rector.
Send cover letter and resume to Rev. Dr. Anne-Marie Jeffery at firstname.lastname@example.org